About the company
- Company name: MAPFRE
- MAPFRE Middlesea PLC is a member of the MAPFRE group
- Insurance provider that works in global insurance cases across 5 markets
- The company operates out of South America and Spain and it has experienced rapid growth in recent years
With its rapid expansion Mapfre wanted to offer new options for customer support including a facebook messenger platform for their customers to ask questions, receive instant access to queries and to develop a more agile customer service system.
- Mapfre wanted to minimize the backlog of customer experience workload that its agents were facing.
- Wanted to introduce automated solutions that would not take away from customer experience.
- Interested in the use of Virtual Agents automated conversations that can assist with complex claim processing.
EBO used the latest in Virtual Agent technology to adapt to the customer landscape at this major insurance provider. Through several workshops we were able to build a custom AI Virtual Agent named Emma to handle virtual customer service. The system was installed to the company Facebook messenger service to offer 24 hour service.
- Engineers used a training model to learn current customer requests and use cases.
- Virtual Agent machine learning was applied to improve complex task processing.
- EBO team regularly monitored the performance in testing and enhanced customer enquiry recognition to meet more needs.
- Customer support was freed up to manually handle requests.
- The database has given Emma new functionality to provide customers with updates and she is able to handle vehicle parts procurement in a more advanced format.
- Emma is now able to handle pressing customer service needs and answer with context and sentiment awareness.
The Virtual Agent is now able to guide customers throughout the complete digital journey as well as help them navigate through insurance processes. Customers can open claims, renew insurance policies and request quotes at any time of day. Emma has now been running for a year successfully.
- Throughout the year, the Virtual Agent is estimated to have saved MAPFRE thousands of hours of customer service.
- Emma handles an average of 1500 conversations in a month.
- She has a recognition rate of 96% of all conversations
- Her workflow is accurate and able to summarize customer questions in moments. The conversation flow will only grow in its accuracy.
PETER BUGEJA, Head of Technology Solutions & Digital, MAPFRE Middlesea
“Insurance companies are at a pivotal stage of the industry’s development. AI technology is starting to disrupt the orthodox nature of business processes. MAPFRE Middlesea is a customer-centric organisation and we continually seek new and better ways to serve our customers. We’ve chosen EBO as a partner to help us adopt innovative technology that allows us to scale and deliver services more efficiently and effectively to our customers.”