As a Business Analyst (BA) in the EBO Commercial Team, you will be responsible for evaluating and analysing data, creating solutions to meet the customers’ requirements, working with a variety of people and have a good grasp of information technology and the sales cycle in a technology organisation.
The BA will work within the Commercial Team reporting to the Group Commercial Director in the UK, although the position can be based in the UK or Malta.
Helping customers change and plan for the future in line with their goals, the BA will need a thorough understanding of EBO’s product and service offering to be able to identify the fit with the customer’s current and future needs. Analytical yet commercial in nature, the BA will be able to analyse current processes and procedures currently undertaken in customer accounts and offer documented solutions to help meet those needs.
The BA will need to demonstrate excellent understanding of the way customer’s organisation works and the sectors in which it operates as ultimately the BA will be helping the organisation to develop its functions and services with the aim of increasing revenues.
As a Business Analyst (Commercial), you’ll need to:
- as part of the pre-sales process, work with customers and external stakeholders to understand and investigate their business requirements
- use data modelling practices to analyse your findings and create suggestions for strategic and operational improvements and changes
- consider opportunities and potential risks attached to suggestions you make
- identify the processes and information technology required to introduce your recommendations
- Engagement in a pre-sales technical consultative role
- Providing technical assistance and guidance during the pre-sales process by identifying customers technical and business requirements prior to designing and defining the client solution with EBO’s product functionality at its core
- Gain agreement on client solution and assist handover of requirements to solution delivery and product teams
- gain agreement, internally from senior management and externally from customers, on the best method of introducing your recommendations
- communicate the benefits of your recommendations to the customer and help to address any uncertainty and concern
- produce written documentation to support your work, report on your findings and to present to stakeholders when necessary
- organise and lead meetings to groups of stakeholders on a regular basis
- assist in the creation of technical sales documentation including responding to tender opportunities (RFP’s) when required
- support staff and teams in making your recommended changes, including helping to resolve any issues
- ensure plans are made and processes are created to evaluate the impact of the changes made, including taking responsibility for overseeing and reporting on this evaluation.
What to expect:
- You input will make a substantial difference to the success of a company (new business wins and increased revenue from existing accounts) and the satisfaction of its customers
- You’ll work to deadlines and be able to juggle multiple projects, which gives lots of variety
- The role will require travel to meet different internal and external stakeholders.
- A high level of professionalism is required at all times
A degree in a relevant subject such as business information systems or business computing systems, would be advantageous but could also be from other disciplines, so long as you can demonstrate excellent analytical skills.
The ability to lead and work in groups, analyse data, use technology and manage projects
- excellent communication skills, with the ability to talk and present to a range of audiences, sometimes acting as a translator between parties
- the ability to motivate others and lead change
- the ability to work under pressure on multiple projects
- a passion for creating solutions with a positive attitude to change
- excellent analytical skills and an informed, evidence-based approach
- a strong interest in business and business development
- a good understanding of information technology